Purchase and Registration
Welcome to the website (the "Website") of My Fresh Start, LLC, a Michigan limited liability company, located at 3050 Union Lake Road, Suite 8-F, Commerce Township, Michigan 48482 (hereinafter referred to as "My Fresh Start" or "we"). When you ("User") purchase or license products and services for this Website, My Fresh Start will collect information such as name, address, tax ID numbers, and the like. Some of our applications at the Website require you to register. During the registration process we ask for your name, address and e-mail address, and we may ask for additional identifying information. We may also ask you to answer some optional questions about yourself. We may obtain additional information about you, such as address change information, from commercially available sources, in order to keep our records current.
Access and Delivery
You may be asked to supply a username and password and to answer security questions that you have the opportunity to select. We use this method to allow you to access your services in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Website.
Information We Collect
- We collect personal information such as your name, shipping/billing address, email, phone, and credit card number when you interact with us to purchase or use our product.
- We collect personal information to deliver or allow access to our products and services.
- As part of tax preparation services provided to you, we may collect and store personal information to prepare, assist in preparing, or to obtain or provide services in connection with the preparation of your tax return.
- As part of personal financial services provided to you, we may collect and store sensitive information such as account and purchase information on your behalf.
- We collect information about your system as it interacts with us such as your IP address and browser information. We use common Internet technologies, such as cookies and Web beacons to manage our Web sites and services, advertising and email programs.
- We collect user feedback, community discussions, chats and other interactions, such as surveys, at our sites.
- We may obtain additional information about you, such as demographic information, from commercially available sources.
How We Use Information
We do not sell or rent your client’s tax return information to anyone other than to our affiliates. "Affiliates" mean an individual or business generating their own traffic and thus rewarded for legitimate sales, leads, clicks, or other measurable action.
We do not share your personal information or your clients' tax return information with anyone, other than our Affiliates, for their promotional or marketing use.
My Fresh Start uses your personal or your clients' information to manage your account, to contact you and to operate, improve, and deliver our products and services, including Web sites. We use your personal information to provide you with information and services you request, if appropriate, to tell you about My Fresh Start products and services, and to give you a customized, interactive experience as you use our products. We use your personal information to charge you for the products and services you purchase. We use the contact information you provide to communicate with you. We use your clients’ tax return information to aid in the preparation of documents for the IRS and provide related assistance and services.
We will only disclose the information pursuant to a properly issued court order or subpoena. We retain information provided to us in accordance with IRS and state regulations. This information may also be used to perform analysis relating to your claims under our guarantees, or to provide you with a copy of the information for your convenience.
We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards such as firewalls, coupled with our own security procedures. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law and federal standards. Your Web-based services are password protected and we recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. We recommend that you sign out of your Web-based product and services and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This prevents others from accessing your account if you share a computer or use a computer in a public place, such as a library, Internet café or publicly available WiFi enabled area.
Safeguarding your personal information is a top priority. You must be aware of identity theft and fraud scams and take responsibility for protecting yourself. You should not reply or click on any links in the e-mail or provide any personal information without verifying that the e-mail is legitimate.
The My Fresh Start Website resides behind a firewall and uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, the industry-standard security protocol used to communicate with browsers) to transmit personal information. Data is strongly encrypted during transmission to ensure that personal and payment information is secure. Industry-standard data encryption techniques are used to protect personal information on My Fresh Start computers. SSL-capable browsers typically have a symbol on the browser window to indicate when they are in a secure mode. In addition, the URL will begin with “https:” for all browsers.
Non-personal information is collected behind the scenes by My Fresh Start web server and is used to compile general website usage statistics or facilitate access to restricted website services.
Such information includes:
- IP address of computer - IP address is used to verify visitors to our website to assist in order fulfillment and for our own marketing purposes. It also aids in the general administration of the website to see how we can better serve our customers;
- Browser related information;
- Locations visited on the website; and
- HTTP cookies - My Fresh Start uses HTTP cookies to keep track of user session identity on the website, such as tracking items in a shopping cart. Cookies are also used to track the effectiveness of various services provided on the My Fresh Start website. Browsers generally allow you to disable cookies or delete cookies after a web session. Services on the My Fresh Start website that require a login to a My Fresh Start account may require that cookies are enabled.
Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information
My Fresh Start's products are intended to be used by adults. My Fresh Start may collect personal information about children as part of the service it provides. The use of tax return information is restricted and any information contained within the return can only be disclosed or used in accordance with applicable laws: to prepare, assist in preparing, or obtain or provide services in connection with our services; or to provide you with the products and services you specifically request or consent to.
Please ask questions about things you do not understand. If you are under age 13, you should get a parent's permission before submitting any information about yourself on this Website.
My Fresh Start does not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
Instructions to change your account or contact information or tell us your contact preferences are available here.
How to Contact Us
Contact us with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or write to us at: 3050 Union Lake Road, Suite 8-F, Commerce Township, MI 48382.
If you believe that our website has collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please contact us using the following address: My Fresh Start, 3050 Union Lake Road, Suite 8-F, Commerce Township, Michigan 48382.